Sunday

Amy & Dave's Wedding - Lovekyn Chapel, Kingston & Weston Green, Thames Ditton (Surrey)

Who in their right mind isn't going to want to work at the Lovekyn Chapel? The moment Amy contacted me last year I loved this venue name (so sweet) & couldn't wait to meet them to hear all about their plans. And then the ten months since I last saw them flew by and I found myself panicking about the Kingston one-way system! Luckily a run through on the Thursday eased my nerves - they had everything planned perfectly and it was a simple journey from Kelly's to the Lovekyn Chapel and then onto Weston Green. Piece of cake.

Simply click on the image below and click on the 'play' button to see their mini slideshow. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Amy's maiden name (case sensitive).


At Kelly's I found everyone very organised and calm and all of the girls right on time. Amy looked stunning in her gorgeous embroidered dress - it suited her beautifully. Carol, Kelly & Louise toned in perfectly. On to the Chapel to find Dave looking relaxed with his Parents, JJ & Nick. Everyone looked very colourful as they arrived and although the weather had been a little dismal in the morning there were signs of sun poking through every now and again. Amy arrived and walked up the aisle with Carol and the smiles that Amy & Dave greeted each other with were fantastic. A very personal and touching ceremony with a reading from Liz, piano playing from Kelly & cello by Juliet And when the lovely Surrey Registrars announced that they were husband and wife everyone rang their little silver bells with great gusto. Brilliant!

A few photos outside (in full sun now) before everyone headed down to Weston Green. I'm afraid I stole Amy & Dave for some photos on the golf course which had some fabuolous trees... as long as the sun held out. And it did. Result! They were fantastic and I think that the results are magical. They had a vision very early on about where to have their photos taken and they were spot on. I loved it although I'm not sure Amy's feet will fogive me in a hurry, not to the mention the monstrous horsefly siege underneath her dress... poor girl.

They made their grand entrance to their beautifully-decorated marquee to be met by Marie with confetti. A delicious BBQ followed by speeches from Carol, Dave, JJ & Nick. Quite the funniest reactions from Amy & Dave as Nick regaled everyone with the most embarrassing stories he could possibly have mentioned. Just the way I like it... [I'm so mean!]

First dance and then lots of crazy dancing especially from the smaller wedding guests who really did go for it. A great swing band who got into the spirit of things and as I walked back over the Green to my car I looked around to see/hear the party in full swing and a memory of a day full of smiles.

Thanks for looking after me, welcoming me into your day so wonderfully, the delicious food and copious amounts of lemonade. I had a thoroughly good time and hope Wales was fab. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow! xx [P.S. Thanks so much for wonderful flowers. Emma x]


No comments: