Friday

Clare & Shaun's Wedding - Newick Park, East Sussex

I always knew that I would love Clare & Shaun's wedding from the moment I met them - it was a blast from beginning to end and a real party atmosphere for everyone. The sun shone pretty much all day to herald the start of Spring, although it was pretty nippy so we only ventured out for 3 minutes and managed a quick sprint across the lawn!

To see their mini slideshow simply click on the image below. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Clare & Shaun's surname (case sensitive).


Shaun wore a stunning suit by Charlie Allen and I'm a real sucker for a nice suit and all the bloke bits that go with it - nice socks Shaun! Best 'man' came in the form of the marvellous Sue who helped me SO much with the slightly complicated group arrangements... I have no idea what I would have done without her and both sides of the families who made my job almost seamless (even if it didn't feel that way!) I have your 'Uncle Ted' award badge here ready for Shaun to collect tomorrow, so a massive thank you and well done... they are hard to win, I can assure you. [A quick mention of Eloise and Samuel who I think all children should be modelled on. They looked gorgeous and behaved impecably - thanks to you both for being such a joy to photograph]

Newick Park looked wonderful in the March light and the flower decorations throughout looked amazing. Beautiful antique glass vases of all sizes and shapes containing either a single flower or a tealight. A very clever idea as they continue to stand out as the day progesses and the candles are lit. Brilliant. The theme was fabulous too - green and whites using roses, green chillies, whole limes, rosemary and lots of other spring creams and whites. This really was an interesting and fun selection and made photographing all things floral really inspiring. I knew that Clare was a 'planner' and I have to say that this really showed everywhere you looked.

Upstairs I walked into Clare's room and was blown away by her simply gorgeous dress with feature black sash and lovely sparkly broach. Black fingernails for a touch of funky. Loved it! She looked drop dead stunning and it was nice to have a few moments with her family before they all made their way downstairs for the ceremony.

A simple and fun ceremony with beautiful readings and lots of laughter & giggling between Clare and Shaun during the vows and exchange of rings. And then back out to drinks and a few groups plus some shots of just the two of them making good use of the stairs at Newick (thank goodness for those stairs!) An 'everyone' shot in the lobby was certainly a risk but it tied in nicely with the cake cutting - I think it worked out pretty well too.

The meal was delicious and I was given copious amounts of lemonade. Thanks for ensuring that I was so well looked after - it was so appreciated. A big thanks to to my partner in crime on the food front. Every wedding I pick on a poor unfortunate guest to help me get the food shots and Giles is so far the clear winner in the helpfulness stakes. He even came to find me on one occassion which was totally beyond the call of duty... 'thank you'.

The speeches were fantastic with Shaun's 'circle of trust' / horse's head (Meet the Parents vs The Godfather) moment causing much hysteria... Perry's reaction was brilliant. And then it was that moment that all the guests go crazy with their cameras... the first dance. They did brilliantly and the band were fabulous. Hullabaloo blew everyone away and I left just as everyone went completely crazy on the dance floor.

Thank you to everyone there for making the day such fun for me and for being so helpful. I hope that I've done you all justice & hope you all enjoy the shots! Emma x


No comments: