Thursday

Charlie & Nicky's Wedding at Hartsfield Manor in Betchworth, Surrey

A few weeks ago I was thrilled to photograph Charlie & Nicky's special day in Surrey. I'd already had such fun working with them during their pre-wedding shoot so I was pretty excited. I arrived at Nicky's Parents' home early and caught a few shots of the girls all getting ready. Then it was off to the pub to catch up with the guys.

To see their mini slideshow simply click on the image below. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Charlie & Nicky's surname (case sensitive).


St John the Evangelist is quite some sight - standing on a hill with an impressive tower and fabulous alter inside. I hadn't managed to see Nicky before I left so I was blown away as she arrived with her Father in a gorgeous Bentley. Umbrellas out sadly, but it all added to the overall effect.

The service was lovely and I managed a shot from the gallery which is always nice. And then out into the slightly brighter afternoon and off to Hartsfield Manor nearby. It's a fabulous venue with lots of room outside to explore, and a really wonderful wedding co-ordinator called Sophie who made working at Hartsfield a complete joy (thanks to the whole team there - you were brilliant). I was ably assisted by Mark with the groups and I know that he was pretty determined to win an Uncle Ted Award for his efforts. He'll be pleased to hear that I've just taken delivery of the shiny badge and will be handing it over to Charlie and Nicky this Sunday. Huge thanks, Mark.

I took some great shots of everyone before they took their seats for a really delicious meal - I did photograph the courses, and found it funny when I was editing to see that I had made the pudding (chocolate!) around one and a half times bigger than either the starter or main course. Ha ha ha. Thanks so much to you all for lovely chicken and to-die-for chocolate plus copious amounts of lenonade (my lifesaver).

The speeches were short, sweet and very funny. And then as the evening guests arrived and everyone chilled out before dancing the night away they cut their beautiful cake. A very elegant first dance followed by some enthusiastic moves (especially from the girls) before I disappeared off into the night.

All in all a happy day full of love and laughter. Thanks so much for making my job such a pleasure. You both looked stunning and I can't wait to show you your pictures on Sunday. See you then! x


No comments: