Thursday

Jo & Paul's Wedding at Alexander House in East Grinstead, West Sussex - 10th January 2009

My first wedding of 2009 and it was a local one at Alexander House near East Grinstead. Wow, I love this venue - the staff are just fabulous... so helpful and accommodating. And the locations for photography are all so great and different.

To see their mini slideshow simply click on the image below. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Jo & Paul's surname (case sensitive).


While Jo got ready with Sue and Ellie upstairs in the new wing friends and family started to gather in the drawing room. I managed a couple of shots of Paul with his family before catching up with Jo, who was having a very calm time having her hair and make-up done. Zara arrived with the most stunning bouquet - white orchids - breathtaking.

And then downstairs and into the library which was beautifully decorated for the very personal ceremony - great readings, lovely sentiments in their vows, and lots of laughter of course. And then outside into the most beautiful wintery scene with frost covering every branch and blade of grass for miles around. Handy that the theme for their wedding was 'snow'. It really was a magical day on the weather front.

I was very impressed with Bernie, Holly and Tracy for organising everyone onto the stairs - thanks guys. And once we'd done the 'everyone' shot it was straight into the family groups which were very smooth and straightforward. After a drink or two everyone took their seats for speeches and a delicious meal. Mike, Neil, Paul and Bernie did brilliantly and everyone roared with laughter.

Friends planned hysterical group shots after the meal as the band set up - I stupidly said they could choose where they liked for their group so I found myself outside in the frost, in the drawing room, in front of the bar and then following a trail of people up to one of the bedrooms! I could hardly take the photo I was laughing so much. Cake cutting and then a spectacular 1st dance display, captured in all it's glory - well done you guys.

As I drove away I giggled to myself at what a completely fun time everyone had - it was such a good time to have a wedding... everyone was so up for a party after the come down of Christmas and the New Year. Well done to Jo an Paul and thanks for having me along for the ride - lots of lovely lemonade and a great steak sandwich... bliss.

Keep in touch you two! x


No comments: