Thursday

John and Sally's Wedding at Stanhill Court in Charlwood, Surrey - 18th October 2008

Last month I had the pleasure of working with Sally and John. I had met them both before, since I photographed Sally's sister's wedding in May this year and John's brother's wedding four years ago - it was great fun knowing both sets of families.

To see their mini slideshow simply click on the image below. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is John and Sally's surname (case sensitive).


I started off at Sally's parents' home in Ashurst Wood where everyone was very calm and collected and the house looked beautifully autumnal. Meanwhile Lucy met the guys at the pub opposite the very pretty church in Rusper and tried gamely to get all of them together for a group shot! Sally looked absolutely stunning as she entered the church with the sun shining brightly behind her. The service was very personal, with two lovely readings and some great singing helped by the wonderful choir. They both came back down the aisle full of smiles and then through a barrage of confetti before making off for Stanhill Court.

A boisterous champagne reception interspersed with group photography outside (slightly chilly but some good pretending that we were in Jamaica). The sun was setting as I took some shots of the two of them and I love the golds and greens that really made the most of the time of year. The meal was delicious and the guys speeches were fantastic. I think John did a brilliant job in particular - it was arguably the best groom's speech I've ever heard.

And finally everyone danced the night away to a great band and I left having had a thoroughly enjoyable day. I was great to see you both at the weekend and I look forward to working with you on your album.

Happy Christmas to both families and friends!


No comments: