Tuesday

Paul & Lucy's Wedding at Hotel du Vin in Tunbridge Wells, Kent - 8th November 2008

It was an emotional day in the very best sense at Paul & Lucy's wedding last month. It was my third outing to Hotel du Vin this year (I do love it there) and once again the weather conspired to keep us all inside. However, I think that Paul & Lucy realised just how much I wanted to take a shot in front of the gorgeous red leaves decorating the back of the building and gamely agreed to brave the chill and rain - I crossed my fingers that it was worth having them plus poor Ruth turning blue!

To see their mini slideshow simply click on the image below. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Paul & Lucy's surname (case sensitive).


Lucy got ready upstairs in the Hotel while the guys drove down from Dartford. Because I start pretty early it gave me a good opportunity to drool (not literally) over Lucy's make-up collection... and here's me thinking that I'm bad. She has the greatest stuff I've ever seen and I will have to try much harder when I next visit Space NK plus go and have a makeover at the Bobbi Brown counter!

Lucy looked amazing as she entered the Abbey Well with her Father. The ceremony was beautiful, albeit short. I'm not used to being down the front so it felt special seeing their joy as they exchanged vows and rings. And then it was a walk back down the aisle together and into their drinks reception. I swept them off for a few photographs in and around the Hotel including the brrrrrrrrrr bit outside and then we did the groups in front of the Bistro. I think it was around this time that I started to realise that police officers like a laugh - lots of mucking about during the friends group shot. Great stuff!

The meal was delicious - thanks for that you guys - and the speeches nearly killed me. I really hope that the video came out as Don was hysterical about Lucy and the guys had me in fits about Paul. Note to self - don't let Paul near my car...!

And finally, everyone came to the rescue with a fabulous DJ who got the music started amazingly quickly after a slight delay. Watching everyone rally round was quite something - I'd like this lot to organise my wedding please! All in all a truly great day with the wonderful Molly there in spirit I'm sure. Woof woof.

Thank you both plus both sides of the family for making me so welcome + feeding me + making me laugh quite so much. [Great to see you both yesterday - thanks so much for coming down - and Fred says 'woof!' for the fab treats. The flowers are gorgeous - you really spoiled me... Emma xxx]


No comments: