Wednesday

Portrait Sample: 2008

Firstly, a very happy New Year to everyone. I hope that you all had a great Christmas and I wish you much happiness and success in 2008.

I was supposed to have updated my blog with pictures from my wonderful break in Barcelona along with the results of my annual shoe shop at Panama Jack plus pictures from Steve & Elaine's amazing wedding on 23rd December but alas I have been really unwell for the past 2 weeks with some kind of sleeping virus (no, seriously!) I'm now back at work, but not up to full dog walking fitness just yet.

I received my first portrait enquiry of the year today so I decided to make a sample slideshow so that people can see the kind of work that I do. [Click on the image to go to the slideshow and then click the arrow to play]


I work on location in clients' homes and at venues such as hotels or local parks, the beach, and even urban environments. I do a mix of inside (naturally + studio lit if overcast) and outside (less formal - more fun) work and every single job is different depending on what clients are after. I think it's a great idea to cut out pictures from magazines that you like so that I can see what excites you. I try to meet up with families before a shoot but that's not always possible. Be assured that I am pretty good at finding the best locations wherever we meet.

Shoots can last from between 30 minutes to all day sometimes (the average being 3 hours). I do some family shoots spread over 2 days if I've traveled a long way and clients are after something completely unique.

Some people want just one canvas, while others require a mix of prints, frames, canvases, acrylics and even metal mounts. It is now becoming popular to have an album made of around 60 of the day's shots, typically when the shoot has been half a day to 2 days and we've done a mix of locations and outfits.

It is a completely different experience to a studio shoot where you are usually limited to one hour and there are no props or exciting backgrounds to work with. A location portrait shoot is bespoke - it's completely unique to each family and is a really fun and interesting way to spend a couple of hours.

I absolutely love creating images and working closely with clients to ensure that their pictures remain fresh and timeless for years to come. For me it's not about fashions and fads. Instead I try and capture the spirit of each family member in an environment that is familiar and relaxing... typically your home.

To enquire about a possible commission just call me on 01342 811631 and let's see what I can do for you.



No comments: