Friday

Carrie & Titus's Wedding - 23 June 2007

Sorry everyone for the delay in getting this one up and running. [Click on the image below to see their slideshow and then be taken to their gallery]


Just over a month ago I flew up to Scotland to cover the wedding of my cousin, Titus, who was marrying the very wonderful Carrie. I watched with interest all the various preparations on the Friday and I have to say that the marquee (and especially the flowers) looked truly stunning - very English rose in style, with pastel coloured bunting and an intriguing trunk or two sat in one corner of he dance floor... (more on this later).

With one or two back up plans depending on the weather I waited with baited breath to see where the ceremony would take place. Sadly, because of the rain, we switched from Cambo's glorious walled garden to the beautiful church in Crail but I have to say that it went very smoothly and was followed by a blessing on the bridge over the burn which was a lovely touch.

Drinks followed with awards for the previous day's round of golf complete with bandit hat! Speeches and then a delicious meal before the festivities really kicked off with Scottish country dancing and then some thumping tunes on the turntable. It was only a couple of weeks later that I saw what the trunks contained - the maddest and coolest assortment of dressing up clothes. The photographs of the last wedding guests (including bride in pink tutu - over her dress of course) walking along the beach at 6am were hysterical.

Thanks to all at Cambo for looking after me so brilliantly & I wish both Titus & Carrie many happy years together. You make a great couple.


No comments: