Sunday

Hello Again!

After a massive 7 weeks off work I am finally back in my office and with electricity at last. I forgot that when a tradesman says 2 to 3 weeks he means 5. If he'd said 5 in the first place I could have rented office space and kept the business working as normal. So I've had 2 weeks holiday (back in January) followed by 3 weeks camping out with (wonderfully patient) friends and finally 2 weeks back at home with carpets up and little if no power.

Combined with this my office move has stalled sadly so to cheer myself up I have bought a lovely new desk and bookcase and today is my first day where I can actually see the carpet in my (temporary) office. At long last I feel like a proper working photographer again. Yippee!

I must admit though that I have learned a few new tricks during my enforced leave including putting up shelves to house my wonderful collection of art and photography books, tiling (at first scary and now quite therapeutic), and using a drill chisel (fantastic fun). I am loving using my new DeWalt SDS drill - any excuse to use it - which cuts through everything so much more easily than my old cordless Bosch number. And I have developed good relationships with the wood cutters at Homebase who have been very patient with me.

The house is looking a lot better now but it is funny what I enjoy the most - a heated towel rail that is massively big for the space but means everyone gets their towel on and there's even room for the bath mat. Luxury.

I'm on the lookout for an old Black & Decker type workbench so please would you let me know if you know anyone who is planning on getting rid of theirs... thanks and I look forward to being back in touch with lots of lovely wedding & portrait clients very soon. xxx


No comments: