Monday

Mark & Layla's Wedding - West Heath School, Sevenoaks (Kent)

I loved working at West Heath in 2009 so was really looking forward to photographing Mark & Layla's big day there.

Simply click on the image below and click on the 'play' button to see their mini slideshow. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Mark & Layla's surname (case sensitive).


I started off at Layla's Mum's house which was so stylish and such a lovely backdrop to use for the girls' preparations. Trudy, Sangita & Jessica were all busy doing things as Louise helped Layla with her hair and make-up, and Viv put on the most amazing food spread for everyone. Layla was ready right on time and looked stunning - we took a few shots in the lovely garden before I left to get to West Heath and the guys.

Leon was there looking amazing in his suit and I grabbed a couple of shots of him with his Dad plus Greg & Kevin. The guests made their way into the fabulous red room for the ceremony as Layla's Dad waited in the beautiful lobby for her arrival. They looked amazing as they walked down the aisle and the ceremony was full of fun & laughter. Daniel read beautifully and I loved seeing the Registrar waving them off down the aisle. I think the TFI Friday theme tune was a MASSIVE surprise for everyone and it certainly made everyone roar with laughter.

Dave was waiting outside with champagne and I took a few shots of Leon, Layla & Mark by the car in front of the house. It was just beginning to rain so we went inside and the kids all went crazy with confetti from the top of the stairs. The everyone shot came out remarkably well in the end and we whistled through the group shots with a minimum of fuss. Everyone enjoyed drinks while I took just Layla & Mark outside for a few shots. And before we knew it it was time to go into their meal and speeches from Pete, Viv, Mark & Greg. I was delighted to have captured a really lovely shot of Leon as I left... Leon and his brand new dog toy - just perfect.

Thanks for all being so entertaining to work with and to Viv & Colin for making me feel so at home. It was a very special day. I heard from Layla that the evening party was riotous (in a good way) and that luckily someone stepped in to cut the cake with her while Mark was busy with the sound system. [A quick note about the sound system... it was the most enormous speaker set up that I have seen in 7 years so I'm a bit gutted to have missed out on hearing some tunes in the room. Apparently the floor was moving. Would have liked to see your 1st dance too - imagine that 'Ring of Fire' was a bit of a challenge!] x


No comments: