Thursday

Christmas 2009

I was thrilled to receive another gift just before Christmas and it was such a massive surprise - a HUGE box full of... CHOCOLATES. Yippee! Liz and Greg collected their album on their way back from their 1st year anniversary at Amberley Castle. Yes, you read that right... the were married on 20th December 2008 and I pestered them throughout last year to finalise their album (sorry about that you guys) & finally assembled it on the 20th December 2009. I giggled throughout remembering what a great day they had & how cheerful Liz was from start to finish. The chocolates really were appreciated - I still have a few left but I don't really think they'll last more than the next day or two. Do check out the company that Liz used - they are called Hotel Chocolate and their choccies taste delicious. E x [The other shot is of the snow on Friday 18th December just before I trekked up to London to stay celebrate Rowan's birthday in London. Had a great time - lots of laughter. Fab lunch with Sooz in Archway the next day. Hardly snowed in London while the journey home was fairly panicky - no gritting at all on the pavements]


Another wonderful surprise was a visit from Annette & Graham (Verity's Parents) who I first met in October 2008 and who I've had great fun with ever since Verity & Neil's wedding in April 2009. Annette runs a gorgeous flower design business (tel: 01892 663465) and I have to say that I was blown away by the flowers at Verity's wedding. Annette and her business partner (Ann) went on to design flowers for Rachael & Jonathan's wedding in October (again at Newick Park) and I was so grateful for the introduction as I had a thoroughly great day with them. Fred, of course, was delighted to see Graham & Annette again and plonked himslef firmly next to Graham on the sofa (poor man). Anyway, here is a photo of Annette's amazing gift of a table centrepiece for Christmas and so scrummy choccies. The whole family (all 11 of us) were well and truly wowed on the Monday Bank Holiday by Annette's talent. The display was fabulous. Huge thanks from us all. xxx


And here is a photo of Wills and Evie, my youngest nephew and niece, who are the only ones not yet 100% put off having their photo taken yet. The other three beat a very hasty retreat whenever they catch sight of my camera!


All in all it was one of the best Christmases ever - I had time with my family - Fred didn't run away too much and I had a good chance to reflect on my best year to date. I loved each and every job, I worked for some truly wonderful clients, and I laughed almost every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my clients for making my job the best job in the world. x


No comments: