Thursday

Gemma & Giles's Wedding - Lewes & Streat, East Sussex

I had a brilliant day with Gemma & Giles back in May, firstly at the very beautiful Southover Grange in Lewes, followed by a gorgeous ceremony in their barn at home. The sun shone all day long and I loved that Gemma & Giles had two such fantastic outfits for both stages of their day.

To see their mini slideshow simply click on the image below. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Gemma & Giles's surname (case sensitive).


While they celebrated their union with champagne and smoked salmon sandwiches at home in Lewes I tore over to Streat to find a beautifully decorated barn for the full marriage ceremony, an amazing marquee, and hair and make-up artists at the ready. Once the family all arrived back everyone swung into action putting the final touches to the garden, barn and marquee (plus Rory's lovely new stone step). Everything looked stunning.

Gemma looked fabulous and along with Lance, Tamsin and five adorable flower girls they made a wonderful procession through Fiona's garden, down the pathway and into the barn full of friends and family. It was a really lovely ceremony with two fabulous readings from Clive & Ali. They exchanged vows and rings before walking out into the bright sunshine.

The reception was very lively and Giles & Gemma were given a great welcome into the marquee. The speeches from Lance, Giles and Richard were fantastic - I'm afraid that Gemma caught me slightly teary-eyed... and there was her telling me that she'd be the one crying! The meal was delicious (thanks guys) and I had great fun trying to do my couple headshots at the tables. Everyone was in such high spirits that it was hard to focus at times!

After a very elegant & energetic first dance I grabbed Gemma & Giles for one last shot in front of their fairy lights before making my way home... utterly exhausted, but very happy that it had been such a great day.

Thanks for your kind hospitality and see you on Sunday! x

P.S. Do look out for Gemma's red shoes in the slideshow. Being a shoe fan myself I thoroughly enjoyed photographing both pairs (ever so slightly envious... lol)


No comments: