Tuesday

Carl & Ellie's Renewal of Vows - 1st August 2008

Jo (Ellie's Mum) didn't believe me when I told her that I was a lucky weather charm. For the first time this year even I was worried (there was a huge downpour an hour before the ceremony) but it stayed dry after that except for 5 minutes when we were all in our cars between church and reception. Result!

To see their mini slideshow simply click on the image below. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Carl & Ellie's surname (case sensitive).


Carl & Ellie married last year in South Africa so this was the UK version. While the guys were off playing golf and the finishing touches were being put to the beautifully decorated marquee I dropped in on Ellie and her sister, Maddy, at the hairdresser. I'm not sure that they were that excited about seeing me... sorry girls!

It's always so lovely when couples are already married and arrive in the same car to the church and greet the vicar together. There were no nerves as they walked down aisle... both beaming. Afterwards the wind made for pretty spectacular confetti shots and as the rain just started we all headed back to the house and the fabulous reception.

I managed to sneak Ellie & Carl off for a few shots and Carl behaved pretty well on the whole. I'd taken his picture last year as part of a family group shot for Gal and he's got more facial expressions that all of my past clients put together! So we did a few sillies as well as the more sensible/romantic ones and I think we got a balance.

Apparently there's a funny shot of me looking dictatorial (from the balcony) during the large group shot... I've never worked with a crowd that has laughed at me more. I'm not sure if that's good or bad!? The final picture is brilliant though.

Everyone sat down and enjoyed great speeches from Alan, Carl & Sean followed by a delicious meal and entertainment from an amazing live band. Alan demonstrated some of the best air guitar playing I've ever witnessed (I have the shots to prove it) and once I learned that if he put his arm out I was the only one who could drive him to the hospital I started running for my car! Apparently he put it out during his brother in law's wedding in similar circumstances. I drove home with the chant, 'Alan, Alan, Alan' from Carl & Sean still ringing in my ears.

All in all it was a really wonderful day, full of laughter and joy. Thanks for the delicious lasagne and plentiful lemonade. And thanks to the band for leaving me some! And finally thanks for finding two pieces of my equipment in the flower beds. I was seriously only on lemonade! All the best to Ellie & Carl and a 'hello' from me to everyone in South Africa.


No comments: