Tuesday

Juliet & Steve's Wedding - 8th September 2007

I traveled down to Rye - Peasmarsh to be exact - for Juliet & Steve's amazing wedding at Pelsham.

[Click on the image below to see a mini slideshow of their day. To view all 400+ images from the day please click on the shopping basket in the slideshow - bottom right - and when prompted the password is Steve's surname]


Juliet looked stunning and the venue was simply perfect. It was lovely to have the service outside with the sun beating down. After a slight delay due to the terrible traffic on the A22 and my hornet rescue (!) the service got underway. I had to duck and dive slightly to dodge the various camcorders (one that looked at least 20 years old!) but eventually found a position that wasn't too conspicuous. The service was beautiful.

Afterwards Juliet and Steve managed to stay with me for what I termed the '5 Zone' portrait session. This entailed 5 mini locations around the beautiful gardens and around 3 minutes in each spot. They did brilliantly... thanks guys!

And the good news is that the groups shots went very smoothly thanks to the very wonderful and talented Glenn, who has been awarded with his 'Uncle Ted' badge - the 3rd recipient so far. We even had time to mess about a bit at the end with a few very foolish shots (although the bunny ears that came earlier were fairly foolish too).

A delicious meal (best pudding ever) was followed by speeches that had me in tears. Cake cut it was time to hit the dance floor with Steve's very clever iPod music system that sounded fabulous. I left at around 9pm (I think) and was asleep by about 10:30pm, having stopped off at the Bell for a swift half.

Since it was my last wedding for 2007 I decided to stay over for a couple of nights in the very wonderful B&B Barons Grange in Iden (near Rye) and ate at the nearby Bell Inn in Iden on the day before which did a mean fillet steak. In fact I suggested that they enter for the next series of BBC2's The Restaurant as it's really rare to find such great food and service in a pub.

I really had a good time with Juliet & Steve who have always made working with them great fun. Thank you both for that - I really appreciated your enthusiasm. I wish you the very best for the future and hope that we stay in touch.

Thanks again for the flowers. x


No comments: