Saturday

Publicity Shoot #6

I had the pleasure of meeting writer Jo Boaler yesterday to take the author shot for her forthcoming book.

She was a wonderfully easy and calm sitter and I think that we managed to get a nice mix of more serious combined with some more relaxed lifestyle photographs. I think that publishers today are looking for something more erudite for the jacket shot but are also keen to have something more relaxed and approachable for use (in newspapers & bookshops) to promote book tours. While the book has an academic bent it is certainly accessible and as a potential reader I'm always keen to see the author in a more 'real' environment.


I hope that I've done Jo justice and I wish her all the best for a successful book launch & fantastic sales of course!


No comments: