Saturday

Emma & Mark's Wedding at Hotel du Vin in Tunbridge Wells, Kent - 27th July 2007

Just over a month ago I headed over to Tunbridge Wells for my first single venue wedding and I had been pretty excited about it ever since I met Emma & Mark and they told me about Hotel du Vin. It sounded just my kind of place and I wasn't disappointed when I visited last year. Wonderful light with a delightful French feel - perfect for my style of photography.

[Click on image to see slideshow which includes 110 images - for the full compliment from the day click on the shopping basket on the bottom right of slideshow. The password is Mark's surname & is case sensitive]


The main room looked simply stunning and I was thrilled to see the same florist as Nana & Chris had in June - she really does some extraordinary displays. This time the theme was sweet peas and they were everywhere... magnificent! Emma was getting ready upstairs so I took a few shots of Mark & the guys who were terrific sports all day - thanks for protecting my very speedy backwards walk down the aisle for the confetti shot!

Emma was oddly more calm that I was (and I thought a single venue would be easy) and I have to say her dress was perfect... it suited her beautifully & fitted in with the elegance of the hotel. The service was simple and personal with two lovely readings. Afterwards we were lucky enough to get outside for drinks and I asked Mark & Emma to risk the lavender walk complete with hundreds of bees. A few shrieks but she escaped unscathed.

I had to laugh when the two of them decided to pose between two metal poles on the veranda (see above). When I first met them they said 'no mad poses please' so although a surprise I went along with them and I absolutely love the results... well done you guys. Once I'd finished the groups they all went back inside to the transformed room - now an amazing dining room - for speeches & the meal. I had a mini time out before capturing a few table shots with my trusty 85mm 1.4 lens. Emma & Mark went fairly crazy on the dance floor much to my delight and I left at around 10:30pm for a nice cup of tea and a couple of ice packs for my feet!

It was a really great day & I was looked after beautifully from start to finish by everyone there. It was a really fun and pleasurable job & I hope that we stay in touch for may years to come.

[And thanks for the flowers today - I've loved working with you & good luck with everything!]


No comments: