Friday

Emily & Edward's Wedding - 14th July 2007

This was what I call a perfect day. [Click on the image below to view their slideshow - if you then click on the shopping cart (bottom right) you will be taken through to all of the shots from their day. Contact Emily or Ed for the password]


The weather held beautifully with sun for a large part of the day. The bride & groom's preparations seemed to go very smoothly and everybody rallied round the village to make this a truly special occasion. The flowers were amazing and suited Emily perfectly - roses & lilies at the church and roses & peonies in the marquee. Simply stunning.

This was a first for me with the bride's house right next door to the church and the reception 200 yards down the road... No driving around like a lunatic trying to get from the bride's house to the church and then from the church to the reception. Bliss. Emily and her bridesmaids were calm and collected during their make-up and hair session and I had plenty of time to document all of the details like dresses, shoes and flowers. I have to say that the dress was gorgeous - simple, elegant and stylish... and it fit beautifully. It really was a pleasure to photograph.

Meanwhile my fabulous 2nd shooter, Lucy, was with the guys at the pub and caught a cracking photograph of them all walking up to the church. There were some wonderful outfits and hats on display from the guests and it was only when I entered the church at 3.30pm that I realised just how many guests there were - it was the most full I'd ever seen St. Margaret's. A lovely service ending with Charlie's trumpet playing from the loft and out into bright sunshine.

I took Emily & Ed off for some shots in Hans & Ingrid's English country garden while the guests made their way to the marquee. The speeches were hysterical as can be seen by the reaction shots. Cake cutting before the most amazing meal including a delicious and colourful seafood platter. And finally the first dance and some pretty wicked dancing into the early hours.

Huge thanks to Lucy for some great shots, Charlie for being a fantastic 'Uncle Ted' all day - you really were brilliant & your official 'Uncle Ted' badge is on it's way, Rosemary & David for lending me their house, Mark & Nick, Julia & Alan for lending me their gate, Hans & Ingrid for the stunning garden, Dinah for the parking, John for the music, Albie for sneaking you know who into the garden, and finally my Mum for moving my car at the crucial moment! It was one of the nicest weddings I have ever covered because so many people helped make it... well, just perfect.

I wish you both all the best for the future and thank you for making my job such a pleasure.


No comments: