Saturday

Time Out

People sometimes ask me what I do to chill out as I chase round after children on a family portrait sitting or race from church to reception on a wedding day. Besides the normal stuff like walking my dog, watching TV, or reading I also (oddly) like to take photographs.

For once though I leave people well alone and get out into the garden to take pictures of flowers, plants and trees. I find that I can easily lose myself in this for an hour or two... it's very relaxing.

Although I'll never make a 'proper' plant and garden photographer it's a fantastic hobby. And luckily because it's just a hobby I can break lots of rules - e.g. taking images of dead or dying plants which I find very interesting.


Many thanks to all of my portrait and wedding clients for letting me vanish into their gardens before or after their shoots. It's really much appreciated.


No comments: