Thursday

Pre-Wedding Shoot #6 - Fran & Harry

At long last here is the first set of pictures from my fantastic trip to the Isle of Wight last month. [Click on their photograph to see a slideshow]


It was a really packed weekend starting on the Friday with a visit to the New Forest which had lots of little foal ponies all over the place - very sweet, but don't worry, I'd been warned not to go anywhere near them as they'll bite you! I then went to the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu and had a nosey around Lord Montagu's lovely home. Some amazing cars in the museum - it was funny seeing all these men dribbling over the Bugatti Veyron (only £840,000 new... bargain).

On the Saturday I went over on the Red Funnel ferry which I was really impressed with - excellent customer service, but even better, I didn't get sea sick. Now I know it's only an hour ferry, but honestly I wouldn't normally put it past me to feel lousy.

I absolutely loved this island! The people were brilliant and I was very excited at the prospect of working with two of my wedding couples in and around Cowes. I just about had time to dump my bags at the hotel before I went into Cowes (across the little ferry - all of 2 minutes - lovely) to do a reccie before meeting up with Fran & Harry.

The reason they wanted to have their pre-wedding shoot in Cowes is that it's where they met six years ago. I couldn't resist taking them back to the building they first met in during Cowes Week. It was all laid out for a huge bash with the theme of superheroes so for the next two hours we saw quite a few Wonder Women, Batmen, Spidermen etc (Check out the Ghostbuster in the slideshow - what a sweetie - he wouldn't let me take the picture until he'd inflated his proton pack. Brilliant.)

Anyway we had quite an amusing wander around town, bumping into the lady who sold Harry his tenth (so Fran tells me) navy jersey when she tried to set her dog on me. In fact she was simply keen to share her wonderful wall mounted coat of arms (check her out in the slideshow).

To be honest I can't remember laughing more than I did during this shoot. Fran & Harry were up for anything and humoured my sense of the ridiculous, including roaring for me in front of the 'ROAR' shop.

Thanks you guys. See you in August - really looking forward to it.


No comments: