Wednesday

Steve & Elaine's Wedding - 23rd December 2007

When I first met Elaine at Coltsford Mill in Oxted she explained to me that Steve and her were planning for not just their wedding but also a huge party. Since they were marrying two days before Christmas they decided to invite pretty much everyone so that it became an enormous seasonal celebration too. I couldn't quite believe that they were intending to have 180 people and I have to say that I don't think I've ever seen guests go quite so mad on the dance floor... it was incredible. [Click on the image to see the slideshow and if you'd like to see all of the images from the day just click on the shopping basket there. The password is Steve's surname]


Elaine looked stunning in a gorgeous halterneck dress with an amazing beaded waistband. The guys all wore black tie & looked very dapper. The ceremony was at 4pm so it looked wonderful as Elaine walked over to the Barn through the mist as the last light faded. She walked up the aisle with her Father past guests holding a candle at the end of each pew - breathtaking.

After the ceremony we attempted the group shots in the bar using my new quick set up lighting system. I never for one minute thought we'd get a group of 22 together in that space and be able to light it properly but by some miracle it all worked pretty well.

After drinks in the Mill room it was back to the Barn for hysterical speeches, cake cutting and a delicious buffet. And then the maddest dancing I've ever experienced with everyone letting their hair down in the first 10 minutes. No warm up or alcohol inducement required with this party!

I left at around 10pm with the party in full swing, giggling pretty much all of the way home. It really had been a fantastic day and I loved working with both Steve & Elaine's families who all made me extremely welcome.

I've seen them both since their trip to Boston and they had a great time. Many thanks to you both for your kind words and for making work such fun. Love and best wishes for a long and happy future together. Emma x



No comments: