Saturday

Gav & Babs' Wedding - Chiddingstone Castle, Edenbridge (Kent)

Gav & Babs got me excited from the moment we met because not only do I love working at Chiddingstone Castle but Babs had chosen a gorgeous Vera Wang dress. It was also really fantastic to follow their wedding blog which gave me a great insight into their family and friends.

Simply click on the image below and click on the 'play' button to see their mini slideshow. To see all of their pictures, once in the slideshow view, click on the shopping basket and when prompted the password is Gav & Babs' surname (case sensitive).


I arrived at the beautiful Starborough Manor B&B to finally meet the two Charlies and Babs' wonderful Parents. It was a really great vibe because of all of the lovely space and I was thrilled to see that the B&B had a ballroom - perfect for photos. Charlie F proved a real whizz with my 2nd camera which was hysterical to watch. The flowers arrived and were quite simply stunning. When Babs was finally dressed I am so pleased that I had a few minutes to take a few shots of her and her Parents before I rushed off to Chiddingstone Castle.

Gav, Jon, Chris, Kai & Dominic were at the beautiful Orangery along with family and friends all excitedly waiting for the bride's arrival. The car arrived and the cameras all went crazy as Joseph walked Babs down the aisle. Wonderful readings from Charlie F and Chris and an emotional exchange of vows and rings before the Registrar announced that they were husband & wife. Cheers all around & lots of impromptu hugs and kisses before they ran the gauntlet back down the aisle to be absolutely covered in confetti. Little Dominic got right into the middle of the confetti cloud and screamed with delight - one of those classic moments that I will remember for years to come.

After some group and couple photos everyone took their seats for what I later learned was a delicious meal, elegant tea ceremony and finally some dancing into the night. Special thanks to Martin for helping me with the couple shots, and vitally to Joseph for helping me with the reflector. It's the first time the Father of the Bride has helped me and it was brilliant.

Thanks for having me with you on your day and to the two Charlies, Agnes, Jon, Chris & Kai who made it really easy and fun. Dominic was a delight and made the day very special too. And finally to Nathalie and the Team at Chiddingstone who were amazing to work with - it's a very special place anyway but you made it perfect.

Wishing you both a happy & healthy future together and do keep in touch with your news. E x


No comments: