Sunday

Leonard Street Royal Wedding Street Party, Shoreditch, London

As part of the Sony World Photo Organisation's London Festival 26th April - 1st May 2011 I took part in the Portrait Workshop run by David Graham and based myself at the Leonard Street Royal Wedding Street Party. I really did have a ball and the mood all day was amazing. Huge thanks to Loriann at Big Box Media, Jon at The Book Club, Emma and her fab Team at High Roller, and finally and most importantly everyone who agreed to let me photograph them for the project. I am so grateful and was blessed with so many wonderful subjects.

I hope that I've done you all justice (click on the photo to watch the slideshow of the 80ish people who I managed to capture).


There were around 80 - 100 of us taking part in the Portrait and Documentary Projects and each of the delegates chose one photograph to be a part of the final exhibition which went 'LIVE' today at Somerset House. The exhibition will be open until 22nd May. My selected photograph is the one above which I am thrilled about as his partner will be attending Somerset House from September. I hope you both go in and see your photo in the flesh.

The other exhibitions include a wonderful Bruce Davidson selection of prints from his life's work (I actually got a bit tearful it was so beautiful), and of the course the Sony World Photograph Awards themselves. The cafe is pretty good too and it's a lovely peaceful haven just off the Strand.

Again, thanks to everyone on Leonard Street on Friday. It's a day I'll always remember with great fondness. x


No comments: