Wednesday

Best of 2008

It's really hard to select just three favourite portrait and wedding images from 2008 because there were so many memorable ones, but I'll give it a try. [Click on each photo to bring up a larger version]

1. This was Lucy & Paul at Hotel du Vin in Tunbridge Wells in November. I just love the classic & timeless pose - it has a lovely old-fashioned feel to it and is set off beautifully by the wonderful mural behind them. It's hard to get the opportunity to photograph in this bar area as it is usually filled with guests so we were very fortunate.


2. Here's my favourite comic moment from 2008. This is James & Julie back in May... not forgetting William of course. We were trying hard to keep William at a distance as he makes Julie sneeze, but he so clearly adores her that it wasn't easy. And then the magic moment when he looked straight at me and the composition was complete.


3. And the final wedding shot comes from Caroline & Peter's wedding at Leeds Castle in June. I love how they are walking out into the light & starting their new life togther. It was a beautiful sunny day which is pretty hard to work with but the light under the gate was simply stunning.


4. The first portrait is from a July shoot in South London with 9-day old William & his Mum. The moment I saw Jessica's long black jumper I knew that this shot would look fantastic. A gorgeous baby in his mother's very beautiful hands. Simple and stunning.


5. Next here's Jack in May and a shot I love because of his expression. He looks very knowing and has such beautiful eyes. I've left the orange juice moustache in because I'm a fan of leaving things as they are/were (none of this overly post-processed stuff for me!)


6. And the final portrait is from March and a great one of Callum as the 'Sheriff'. We had done a whole lot of 'sensible' shots of him and his brother and sisters but I always try and take time to mess about a bit and do things that the kids want to try. The moment I saw this I could see Callum being a simply terrific actor.


Well, that's it. Six shots out the many thousands and big thanks to everyone who put so much time and effort into making my job fantastic fun and totally rewarding.

Happy New Year & hope to see you in 2009.


No comments: