Tuesday

Pre-Wedding Shoot #7 - Emily & Ed

At long last, part II of my adventures in Cowes on the Isle of Wight and this time I had the pleasure of working with Emily & Ed. [Click on their picture to see their slideshow]


The night before I went out to a lovely seafood restaurant and had a relatively early night so that I could explore the Island a little before meeting up with the two of them. It also gave me the chance to meet up with the very talented photographic artist Sallie Kneebone, who had been introduced to me by last year's National Portrait Gallery's Photographic Portrait Prize winner, Richard Boll. It was wonderful to share a coffee with Sallie and to learn a bit more about Cowes and the Isle of Wight arts scene. Then it was off to Ventnor and the Spyglass Inn (as recommended by Richard) - fantastic!

Back in Cowes I met up with Emily and Ed at around 4pm and we set off for a walk in and around the town. I'd chosen to film them near Northwood House which happened to be where Emily's Parents celebrated their own marriage. After that a wander down to the beach and back up through the town, landing back at the ferry terminal in time to catch a late ferry back to Southampton.

I had a really great time with these two - extremely natural in front of the camera AND photogenic was a double bonus. It was great to meet Emily's siblings too - I have a feeling it's going to be a truly wonderful wedding next month.

See you there!



No comments: