Friday

Book Launch 30th May 2007

The official launch of David Shreeve and Claire Foster's wonderful guide How Many Lightbulbs Does It Take To Change a Christian? was on Wednesday night and I attended Church House in London to congratulate them and to take a few snaps.


They were both on fine form as usual and it was really great to see their book for sale in the Church House Bookshop along with a (very tiny) photograph that I had taken for the book's promotion. You can just about make it out in the photograph of the shop window - Claire told me that they asked for the photo to be blown up to a lifestyle model but the bookshop declined! I would have been ridiculously childish about it... oops, scratch that - I was ridiculously childish anyway, asking a passer by to photograph me in front of the window. Luckily I chose someone who turned out to be rather handy with a camera. I thought that handing a Nikon D2Xs over would flummox most people but the guy was a star... thanks for that.

My feet were killing me as I'd worn the same boots on the previous evening at a BAFTA screening on Piccadilly as well, so was forced into House of Fraser on the way back to Victoria (well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I now have a lovely new pair of trainers - white with purple bits as a homage to Buxted Park's fondness for all things mauve.


No comments: