Sunday

Portraits at Vintage Nation, Brighton Racecourse (East Sussex) - 9th June 2012

Wow, what amazing weather yesterday! Horrendous drizzly rain for days and horrible again today with a sunny break for Vintage Nation at Brighton Racecourse. What a relief!

To see a few shots of some of the Festival-goers please click HERE or on the photo below. I'm afraid the slideshow only works on computers (not iPhones/iPads). 


I was so impressed with everyone's outfits and it seemed a shame to choose only 30ish people but to me these showed a wonderfully eclectic mix of visitors there to shop, listen to music, eat, drink and have a generally chilled out time.

Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair organised the festival in association with Crabbie's, with Hairport doing a roaring trade in hair dos in their very smart lounge. Downstairs the traders sold clothing, furniture, toys, homewares etc. and there was music everywhere, running through the decades with something for everyone. I'm afraid I wimped out at around 5pm so I missed the evening's entertainment but it promised to be fantastic.

I decided to be civilised and set up in the Tea Rooms and big thanks to Kevin and Sharon from Old Time Tea Time for helping me (I am SO grateful). They provided gorgeous vintage crockery so that everyone could have wonderfully civilised afternoon tea. My flag looked great in the surroundings and big thanks to Judy, Ruth, and the 5-year old little girl with the new haircut who helped me with my reflector. 

Thank you especially to the forty-three people who kindly allowed me to photograph them. You were all fabulous! 'll get your shots to you by next Saturday. x

1 comment:

canvas print said...

this is a cool picture, i like the flag to.